July 24, 2017
To whom it may concern:
Company Name: Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
Representative: Yasuhiro Sato, President & CEO
Head Office: 1–5–5 Otemachi, Chiyoda–ku, Tokyo
Stock Code Number: 8411
(First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange)
Notice Concerning Additional Contribution to the Stock–Based Compensation Program (BBT) for Directors and Officers
We hereby announce that, based on the resolution at today's meeting of the Compensation Committee regarding the stock–based compensation program for directors and officers (Board Benefit Trust, or "BBT") (hereinafter referred to as the "Program," and the trust established based on a trust agreement executed with Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd., the "Trust"), it was decided that Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. ("we" or the "Company") will make an additional cash contribution in order for the trustee to acquire shares of the Company.
For a summary of the Program, please refer to the notice issued on May 15, 2015, titled "Notice Concerning Introduction of New Performance–Based Stock Compensation Program for Company Group Officers."
- 1. Reason for the Additional Contribution
The Company has continued the Program and has decided to make an additional cash contribution to the Trust to provide funds (the "Additional Trust") to acquire necessary shares in the future.
- 2. Summary of the Additional Trust
(1) Type of Trust:
Money held in trust other than in the form of a monetary trust (third party beneficiary trust)
Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
(Re–trustee: Trust & Custody Services Bank, Ltd.)
Directors (excluding outside directors), executive officers as defined in the Companies Act, executive officers as defined in our internal regulations and specialist officers of the Company, as well as directors (excluding outside directors), executive officers as defined in our internal regulations and specialist officers of the Company's subsidiaries, Mizuho Bank Co., Ltd., Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. and Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd., who have satisfied the requirements for benefits set forth in our rules of distribution of shares.
(5) Date of Additional Trust:
July 31, 2017 (scheduled)
- 3. Details regarding the acquisition of shares of the Company through the Additional Trust
- (1) Type of shares to be acquired: Common stock of the Company
- (2) Amount of the Additional Trust to acquire the shares: JPY 1,400,000,000 yen (planned)
- (3) Maximum number of shares to be acquired: 8,130,000 shares
- (4) Method of acquiring shares: From the stock market
- (5) Period of acquiring shares: From July 31, 2017 to August 4, 2017 (scheduled)