February 6, 2017
Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
Mizuho Receives Award for Excellence at Nikkei Annual Report Awards 2016
The 2016 Integrated Report published by Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (President & Group CEO: Yasuhiro Sato) has been recognized with an Award for Excellence at the 19th Nikkei Annual Report Awards.
Nikkei Annual Report Awards has been hosted by Nikkei since 1998, intended to develop and disseminate annual reports published by Japanese companies, and a panel of judges including fund managers and analysts evaluate and select excellent reports among those published by participating companies.
Eighty–five companies applied to the 2016 Awards program, and a grand prize was presented to one company, a runner–up prize to four companies, an award for excellence to 14 companies, and a special award to two companies. This is the first time to be awarded for Mizuho Financial Group since it began participating in the award program in 2015.
The report was evaluated for the following aspects.
- The powerful message and commitments from CEO
- Tangible expression of the principle for improving corporate value
- Specific explanation about differentiation from competitors
- Clearly–visualized advanced governance system
- Well–formulated structure that appeals the group's direction and its initiatives for value creation
Mizuho Financial Group will continuously endeavor to disclose information fairly and appropriately including publishing the integrated report, in order to give all stakeholders a better understanding of the company.
The report can be accessed through the link below.