About Stock Information(FAQ)
Print this page
Stock Procedure (Question & Answer)
- Q1On what stock exchanges is Mizuho Financial Group listed?
- A1We are listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Q2What is the ticker code?
- Q3Who is the shareholder registry manager?
- A3Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
- Q4How many shares are in one (1) unit?
- A41 unit = 100 shares.
We defined 1 trading unit as 100 shares in conjunction with the adoption of the trading unit system when the Tokyo Stock Exchange implemented the Electronic Share Certificate System in January 2009.
- Q5Whom should I contact regarding share purchasing procedures, including the purchase or additional purchase of shares constituting less than one (1) unit?
- A5Please see the Contact List on the Stock Procedure Information.
- Q6Whom should I contact regarding various stock procedures?
- A6Please see the Contact List on the Stock Procedure Information.
- Q7What are "special accounts"?
- A7Special accounts are accounts created and managed by the special accounts manager (Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.) for shareholders who hold share certificates not deposited with the Japan Securities Depository Center by the time of implementation of the Electronic Share Certificate System (January 2009).
Shares may not be traded through special accounts. If you believe you may have share certificates held in a special account, we recommend you transfer your certificates to a trading account at a securities company as soon as possible.
- Q8Whom should I contact about special accounts?
- A8Please contact the Stock Transfer Agency Department at Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
Tel: 0120–288–324 (toll–free within Japan only)
Hours: 9:00 to 17:00 (Tokyo local time), except Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays.
- Q9Does Mizuho offer a shareholders' special benefit plan (kabunushi–yutai)?
- A9No, not at present.
- Q10Does Mizuho carry out share splits?
- A10For FY2015, Mizuho did not carry out share splits.
Dividend (Question & Answer)
- Q1Please explain the dividend history and forecast.
- A1Please see the Shareholder Return Policy and Dividend Information.
- Q2What is the total forecasted dividend for FY2016 (year ending March 31, 2017)?
- A2We expect to pay JPY7.50 per share (of which JPY3.75 as interim dividend, JPY3.75 as term–end dividend).
Please see the Shareholder Return Policy and Dividend Information for further information.
- Q3How do I receive dividends?
- A3There are three ways to receive dividends, as described below:
For shareholders who currently use method 1, we suggest changing to either method 2 or 3 to ensure hassle–free receipt of your dividends.
To change the method, please contact your securities company or other financial institution. (Customers holding a special account should contact Mizuho Trust & Banking.)
- Q4Whom should I contact to change the method of receiving dividends?
- A4Please see the Contact List on the Stock Procedure Information.
- Q5What are the dates of record for determining dividend payment to shareholders?
- A5The date of record for the term–end cash dividend payment is March 31, and September 30 for the interim cash dividend payment.
- Q6By when must I acquire stocks in order to receive dividends?
- A6You must be recorded in the shareholder registry as of the dates of record for determining dividend payments to shareholders, which are March 31 for the term–end cash dividend payments, and September 30 for the interim cash dividend payments. While generally the last day of purchase (i.e., the last day of trading cum rights) for being recorded in the shareholder registry as of the above dates is three business days before the date of record for determining dividend payments to shareholders, this may vary depending on the securities company. Please contact your securities company for further details.
- Q7When are the dividend payment dates?
- A7When paid, term–end cash dividends are paid in June, and interim cash dividends are paid in December.
- Q8Whom should I contact about uncollected dividends?
- A8Please see the Contact List on the Stock Procedure Information.
Shareholders' Meeting (Question & Answer)
- Q1When is your ordinary general meeting of shareholders convened?
- A1It's held towards the end of June every year.
For details of the meeting, please see the notice of convocation, which is sent to shareholders before each meeting. The notice of convocation can also be viewed on the Shareholders' Meeting.
- Q2Please explain the Shareholders' Meeting.
- A2Please see the Shareholders' Meeting.
- Q3Does Mizuho distribute gifts to the attending shareholders or hold social gatherings after the general meeting of shareholders?
- A3Thus far, Mizuho has not distributed any gifts to attending shareholders nor held social gatherings after the general meeting of shareholders.