About the Mizuho Financial Group(FAQ)
- Q1Please give a brief description of Mizuho Financial Group.
- A1Please see Company Information.
- Q2Please describe companies of Mizuho.
- A2Please see Business Domain.
- Q3What does "Mizuho" mean?
- A3In Japanese, "mizuho" means "a fresh harvest of rice," and the phrase "mizuho country" – meaning "fruitful country" – is used to refer poetically to Japan. The name "Mizuho" expresses commitment of the Mizuho Financial Group, as Japan's leading financial institution to offer highly fruitful financial products and services to all of its customers, both in Japan and abroad.
- Q4How can I check on information regarding overseas branches?
- A4Please see Branches (International) page for information concerning the overseas branches.
- Q5Please explain Mizuho's Management Strategies.
- A5Please see Strategy.
- Q6Please explain MIZUHO's New Medium–term Business Plan: Progressive Development of "One MIZUHO."
- A6Please see New Medium–term Business Plan: Progressive Development of "One MIZUHO" —The Path to a Financial Services Consulting Group.
- Q7Please explain Mizuho Financial Group's corporate governance policy and reasons why Mizuho Financial Group chose to transform into a "Company with Three Committees."
- A7Please see Corporate Governance page for fundamental perspectives regarding corporate governance and reasons why Mizuho Financial Group chose to transform into a "Company with Three Committees," etc.
- Q8Please explain Mizuho's basic compliance policy.
- A8We view strict compliance as one of the basic principles of sound business management. We will therefore work to ensure that we observe all laws and regulations, and pursue corporate activities in a fair and honest manner that conforms to the norms accepted by society.
Please see Compliance for details.