Medium– and Long–Term Initiative Policy of CSR
Mizuho set the initiative policy taking into consideration changes in the external environment and other factors as they relate to CSR. Based on this policy, we implement CSR initiatives uniformly across the Mizuho Financial Group.
Medium– and Long–Term CSR Initiative Policy
You can scroll left and right with your finger to view the table contents.
|Medium– and Long–Term CSR Initiative Policy||Page Reference|
|Strengthen efforts to promote businesses that contribute to the sustainable development of society
|Reinforce the group's foundations that underpin activities in line with society's expectations
|Promote social contributions activities that take into consideration the needs of local regions and society
FY2016–2018 Group CSR Initiative Policy
We have formulated the FY2016–18 CSR Initiative Policy based on the medium– and long–term CSR initiative policy, changes in the external environment, and Mizuho strategies in order to serve as our policy for CSR initiatives during the period of the new Medium–term Business Plan.
We promote CSR initiatives through the practice of executives and employees acting daily with a strong awareness of our social responsibilities and public mission and toward the goal of being "A Financial Services Consulting Group —The most trusted partner in solving problems and supporting the sustainable growth of customers and communities."
|Eight Priority Initiatives|
Process to formulate FY2016–2018 Group CSR Initiative Policy
Step1. Analysis of external environment
- 1)Analyze external environment surrounding CSR and sustainability
- 2)Specify social issues and sustainability issues in the financial industry
(Main Elements Considered)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Paris Agreement
- World Economic Forum "Global Risks Report 2016"
- Japanese Government strategy and policy
- Initiatives related to disclosure of non–financial information, investor and corporate trends, etc.
- International standards and guidelines (ISO 26000, GRI Guidelines (G4), SASB guidelines by sector, etc.)
Step2. Confirmation of stakeholder concerns, assessments and expectations with respect to Mizuho
(Main Elements Considered)
- Customers: Satisfaction survey results, etc.
- Investors: Dialogue content, ESG survey results, etc.
- Employees: Employee awareness survey results, etc.
- Society: Content of dialogue with experts and NGOs, etc.
Step3. Organization of issues in CSR promotion at Mizuho
- Organize issues in CSR promotion at Mizuho from the three perspectives of promotion systems, initiative content and communication by reviewing current initiatives based on the external environment analysis and stakeholder concerns, assessments and expectations.
Step4. Formulation of policies based on Mizuho strategies
- Hold discussions with business divisions and other related departments, formulate the FY2016–18 Group CSR Initiative Policy, based on the above three issues, the new Medium–term Business Plan, and medium– and long–term CSR initiative policy and other Mizuho strategies, and finalize the policies after deliberations at Mizuho Financial Group (holding company)'s CSR Committee and Executive Management Committee.