Mizuho's Corporate Identity and The Mizuho Code of Conduct
"Mizuho's Corporate Identity," which is composed of Corporate Philosophy, Vision and The Mizuho Values, serves as the concept that forms the basis of all activities conducted by Mizuho Financial Group. We bring fruitfulness to all of our stakeholders and contribute to the prosperity of economies and societies throughout the world, by bringing together our group–wide expertise and conducting business activities and operations rooted in this concept.
Mizuho's Corporate Identity
Corporate Philosophy: Mizuho's fundamental approach to business activities, based on the raison d'etre of Mizuho
Mizuho, the leading Japanese financial services group with a global presence and a broad customer base, is committed to:
Providing customers worldwide with the highest quality financial services with honesty and integrity;
Anticipating new trends on the world stage;
Expanding our knowledge in order to help customers shape their future;
Growing together with our customers in a stable and sustainable manner; and
Bringing together our group–wide expertise to contribute to the prosperity of economies and societies throughout the world.
These fundamental commitments support our primary role in bringing fruitfulness for each customer and the economies and the societies in which we operate. Mizuho creates lasting value. It is what makes us invaluable.
Vision : Mizuho's vision for the future, realized through the practice of "Corporate Philosophy"
The most trusted financial services group with a global presence and a broad customer base, contributing to the prosperity of the world, Asia, and Japan.
- The most trusted financial services group
- The best financial services provider
- The most cohesive financial services group
The Mizuho Values : The shared values and principles of Mizuho's people, uniting all executives and employees together to pursue "Vision"
- Customer First: The most trusted partner lighting the future
- Innovative Spirit: Progressive and flexible thinking
- Team Spirit: Diversity and collective strength
- Speed: Acuity and promptness
- Passion: Communication and challenge for the future
The Mizuho Code of Conduct
Mizuho's Basic Policies
1. Social Responsibility and Public Mission
We are acutely conscious at all times of our social responsibilities and public mission as the leading Japanese financial services group with a global presence and a broad customer base. We therefore work to ensure that we maintain close communication with the communities in which we operate and pursue corporate activities in a manner that is in harmony with societal expectations.
2. Customer First
We place our customers first and ensure that they are provided worldwide with the highest quality financial services at all times. We believe that being trusted by our customers is the basis for the trust by our shareholders, society and all other stakeholders.
3. Strict Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Internal Rules
We are committed to strict observance of all laws and regulations and pursuing our business in a fair and honest manner that does not conflict with the norms accepted by society. As a global financial services group, we also strive to respect the laws, customs and cultures of the foreign countries in which we operate.
4. Respect for Human Rights
We respect the human rights of our customers, corporate officers, employees and other individuals and strive to achieve a corporate culture that promotes human rights.
5. Severing of Relations with Anti–Social Elements
Mizuho is determined to completely sever any and all relations with anti–social elements, which threaten the order and safety of civil society, and to ensure the soundness and security of the financial infrastructure by anticipating future changes in society.
- We will completely sever any and all relations with anti–social elements.
- We will work as one to take action against anti–social elements.
- We will cooperate with external specialized agencies.
- We will adopt a firm and uncompromising attitude when confronting anti–social elements, and will not hesitate to use legal means when necessary.
- We will protect the financial infrastructure, which is essential for our customers' livelihoods and society.
Mizuho's Basic Stance
1. Basic Stance toward Customers
- We will make constant efforts to satisfy customers win their trust, and build wide–ranging relationships based on trust.
- We will get to know customers well and deal with them sincerely.
- We will provide customers with ample information and offer them worldwide with the highest quality financial services.
- We will manage customers' assets with due and diligent care.
- We will work assiduously at self–education with a view to acquiring the kind of informed outlook, specialist knowledge and skills that will be useful to customers.
2. Basic Stance toward Shareholders
- In order to win our shareholders' trust, we will endeavor to preserve and enhance the group's assets.
- We will strengthen our internal control systems through appropriate accounting, effective internal audit, etc.
- We will proactively disclose information and enhance the transparency of our management to ensure that our shareholders have an accurate grasp of the details of our business.
3. Basic Stance toward the Community
- We will fulfill the role of a "good corporate citizen."
- We will actively engage in activities that contribute to society.
- We believe that a responsible environmental policy makes sound business sense, and mindful of our responsibilities to society, will consider environmental issues as a part of our business decisions.
4. Basic Stance toward Employees
- We will enable our employees to achieve a healthy life style, creating an environment where employees may work in comfort and safety.
- We will create a workplace where people may work together in mutual respect and without discrimination or harassment.
5. Basic Stance toward Suppliers and Competitors
- We will always adopt a sound and transparent approach to purchasing equipment, supplies or services, ordering computer systems, or in similar situations, making our judgments according to objective criteria such as quality, convenience and prices, and avoiding collusion of any kind with suppliers.
- We will also require our suppliers to understand the contents of The Mizuho Code of Conduct.
- We will ensure that our corporate activities are a model of good sense, and engage in competition in a manner that is fair, transparent and free.
6. Basic Stance toward Political and Governmental Officials
- We will maintain a normal, healthy relationship with political and governmental officials.
Mizuho's Behavioral Guidelines
- Maintaining Order in the Workplace
- Prohibition on Private Use of Corporate Assets
- Appropriate Management of Information
- Prohibition on Conflicts of Interest
- Temperate Private Behavior