Mizuho believes that, through its social contribution initiatives as "a good corporate citizen", it contributes to the sustainable development of society and, thereby, works to realize the vision of Mizuho's Corporate Identity and build the base for creating its corporate value and developing its activities. Based on this awareness, to ensure that Mizuho undertakes its social contribution initiatives uniformly, it has issued Policies for Social Contribution Initiatives.
Policies for Social Contribution Initiatives
- Mizuho harmonizes its own profit–making activities with initiatives that benefit society, and, as "a good corporate citizen" striving to support society and develop together with society, Mizuho fulfills its responsibilities for contributing to society.
- Mizuho believes that, through its social contribution initiatives, it contributes to the sustainable development of society and, thereby, works to realize the vision of Mizuho's Corporate Identity and build the foundation for creating its corporate value and its development.
- Mizuho believes the social contribution initiatives of Mizuho employees contribute to employee growth and development of a sense of being members of society. Accordingly, Mizuho actively supports these initiatives.
- Mizuho proactively discloses information regarding our corporate stance toward social contribution initiatives and our actual activities. In addition, Mizuho will continue to improve these initiatives, by encouraging close communication with society through dialogue with stakeholders to ensure that our corporate activities conform to social standards and expectations.
Scope of Initiatives
- Social Welfare
- Education, Research, International Exchanges
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Sports
- Humanitarian Activities
- Revitalization of Local Communities and Creating a Safe Society
Method of Conducting Initiatives
|Method of Conducting Initiatives||Page Reference|
|Support through Providing Products and Services||
|Support for Volunteer Activities of Officers and Employees||
- Initiatives that take full advantage of our management resources and promote initiatives that contribute to regional and social development
- Initiatives in collaboration and cooperation with regional societies that form the foundation for the activities of the Group as well as government organizations, NPOs, regional communities, and others
Standards for Determining Implementation
Initiatives are undertaken based on the comprehensive consideration of the following viewpoints:
- Public Interest
Results of Social Contribution Initiatives
- Corporate Citizenship Outlays (FY2015)
Information on Delivering Yellow Badges
Information on the Coming–of–Age Day Concert
Information on activities that involve donations and support for events based on Mizuho's Operating Standard
Information on community contributions and volunteer activities by employees