Support for Business and Asset Succession, and Innovative Companies
Support for Business and Asset Succession
Business succession, a major management issue for our mid–tier and SME customers, entails issues related to the succession of management rights to a company and issues related to the passing down of the business owner's assets. Mizuho provides solutions for issues related to business and asset succession that are tailor–made to the unique situation of each customer.
A Variety of Seminars Held
For business owners and other customers, Mizuho holds the Mizuho Top Owners Seminar, which covers issues related to banking, trust banking, and securities, as well as other seminars for specific topics related to business and asset succession, as well as asset management. Mizuho strives to provide information and advice about topics of strong interest to its customers, including business succession, asset inheritance, and equity markets.
Support for the Smooth, Secure Transfer of Wealth
MHTB uses trust functions to provide customers with peace of mind by supporting the smooth transfer of wealth from one generation to the next. Key services include the following. With MHTB as the trust agent, MHBK and MHSC offer several trust products and services in the following.
- Consent to Undertake the Execution of Wills Service: Services covering everything from consulting for will preparation to will execution
- Will Safe–Keeping Service: Safe, reliable will custody services
- Inheritance Arrangement Services: Representation in the performance of necessary procedures following will execution
- Asset Inheritance Trust: Custom planning for the future transfer wealth (monetary)
- Educational Funding Donation Trusts: Careful management of educational funds to be donated to grandchildren, etc.
- Marriage and Childrearing Support Trust ("Gift of Hope"): Administration of funds to be given to children and grandchildren for marrying and raising children
- Mizuho Calendar Year Gift Trust ("Thoughtful Gift") : Assisting customers through providing services to manage and invest funds for annual gifts to family members
- MHTB offers two types of trusts for the family, namely: "single lump–sum payment trusts" and "pension trusts." Single lump–sum payment trusts are used to set aside funds that will be necessary for families immediately after an inheritance event occurs. Pension trusts provide for periodic payments of life support funds to families following an inheritance.
MHTB conducts seminars on estates and wills to promote wider understanding of these topics.
Initiatives to support innovative start–ups
For innovative start–ups that have superior technology and ideas, Mizuho provides both loans and equity financing, while also actively offering business development opportunities such as business matching as well as through collaboration with industry, academia, and government ministries. Other assistance includes holding seminars for training and mentoring.
In April 2016, MHBK newly established its Innovative Start–ups Coordination Department, and MHSC formed a Strategic Research Department with the aim of improving and strengthening our initiatives to support start–ups. Through these activities, Mizuho aims to provide financial support that will lead to sustainable growth in the Japanese economy and creation of new jobs.
Arrangement of risk money investment program responding to growth funding needs of Japanese companies
Financial institutions are expected to play roles in supporting companies from a broad perspective by sharing risk, providing industry and business knowledge, and supporting the creation of corporate governance frameworks. MHBK has arranged a joint investment program, "Blue Partners Fund," in cooperation with the Development Bank of Japan. In a wide range of situations, Japanese companies need funding for business growth. By supporting corporate growth and providing risk money through joint investments with companies and provision of equity capital, MHBK is contributing to strengthening the competitiveness of Japan's economy and society.
MHBK holds business matching forums as a venue for customers to meet each other.
|Visit Japan (foreign tourism)||Tokyo||About 310|
|Risk management||Nagoya||About 70|
|Tohoku area customers only||Sendai||About 170|
|Visit Japan (foreign tourism)||Osaka||About 180|
|Innovative companies only||Tokyo||About 200|
|Kyushu area customers only||Fukuoka||About 230|
|Regional revitalization||Tokyo||About 450|
IPO Support Structure
Mizuho provides solutions tailored to its customers' needs by coordinating with MHSC, which supports listed companies as a securities firm, including the needs of customers considering an initial public offering (IPO); MHTB, which provides transfer agent services, including advice on securities matters and other support; and Mizuho Capital, which offers advice for venture capital investments and public offerings.
Held Events for Unlisted Companies for the Purpose of Exchanging Information
Since 2005, MHBK, MHTB, and MHSC have held events for unlisted companies to assemble for the purpose of exchanging information with customers eyeing an IPO.
|Number of participating companies in fiscal 2015||160|