Rules and Report, etc. (Corporate Governance)
Articles of Incorporation
Corporate Governance Guidelines
The Corporate Governance Guidelines (the "Guidelines") set out the fundamental perspectives regarding corporate governance in Mizuho, and the framework of the corporate governance system, including the roles, composition, and governing policies regarding the Board of Directors, executive officers, Nominating Committee, Compensation Committee, and Audit Committee for Mizuho Financial Group as a Company with Three Committees.
- As of April 1, 2015, the Guidelines were amended for the following purposes.
- Industry–leading compliance with the Corporate Governance Code [Final Proposal]
- Further strengthening group governance systems after transformation into a Company with Three Committees
Further details are available on the news release dated April 1, 2015, "Regarding the Amendments to the Corporate Governance Guidelines." (PDF/78KB)
- As of April 1, 2016, the Guidelines were amended due to the introduction of the In–house Company Structure. After the amendment, the Guidelines show that Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. shall appoint as executive officers, the Group CEO and, in principle, all heads of In–house Companies, Units, and Groups.
- As of May 13, 2016, following the announcement of the new medium–term business plan, "Reference (2)" has been added to the Guidelines.
Overview of Independence Standards of Outside Directors
The standards, which MHFG set out concerning Independence for Outside Directors.
The policy, which MHFG set out concerning the determination of compensation for each individual director, executive officer and specialist officer ("Directors, etc.") of MHFG as well as MHBK, MHTB and MHSC ("Core Subsidiaries").
Corporate Governance Report
The report, submitted to the Tokyo Stock Exchange, sets out the status of corporate governance system.
Outline of Results of the Evaluation on the Effectiveness of the Board of Directors
Outline of Results of the Evaluation on the Effectiveness of the Board of Directors for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016