Research & Consulting Unit
Offering optimal solutions to the issues customers are facing and issues they may face as "One Think Tank"
As a single unit of experts gathering together all the group's research and consulting functions, the Research & Consulting Unit is dedicated to addressing the diverse challenges our customers may face.
The Unit is comprised of the MHBK Industry Research Department, the MHTB Consulting Department, the MHSC Research & Consulting Unit, MHIR, MHRI and Mizuho–DL Financial Technology.
The Unit's research functions cover a range of fields from industries to the macroeconomy, and its consulting functions are spread over many fields, ranging from management and financial strategy that are of general interest to customers to highly specialized areas such as the environment, social security and IT. The companies and departments within the Unit act as "One Think Tank" and collaborate seamlessly, to formulate and offer comprehensive solutions based on sophisticated expertise and know–how.
Key Aspects of the Unit
Conditions in the External Environment
- Rapidly–changing, difficult to forecast economic, financial, and social environment
- Increasingly diverse, complex and global issues faced by customers
- Homogenization of strategies implemented by competitors, including collaboration of banking, trust banking and securities functions
- Creating further business opportunities that draw on the expertise of group companies
- Strategic reconfiguration of research & consulting functions and rebalancing of human resources
- Expanding opportunities for offering research and consulting functions
- Research function that has broad coverage of trends ranging from the macroeconomy to industry
- Consulting functions that cover a wide range of fields from management and financial strategy to the environment, social security and IT
- Top–class team in Japan with about 3,400 professionals
Publication of One Think Tank Reports that Deal In–depth with Timely Issues
The Research & Consulting Unit began the publication of One Think Tank Reports entitled MIZUHO Research & Analysis which bring together the knowledge and insights of the Unit. MIZUHO Research & Analysis has come to be highly evaluated by a wide range of customers for its in–depth research on the future of Japanese industries and structural changes in China's economy and industries from semi–macro and macroeconomic perspectives. The Unit continued to live up to this high evaluation when it published high–quality, well–timed reports on implications of the U.K.'s exit from the EU and the impact of the U.S. presidential election on the future of the U.S. economy and industries on the very day the votes were counted.
As uncertainty about the economy, financial markets and social issues continues to grow in Japan and overseas, the Unit will continue to offer a broad range of solutions to customers' issues, both through its research and consulting functions.